Purchasing a furnace is a big decision and very essential one too. As much as comfort is important, cost priorities and energy efficiency is also a serious consideration. In this particular blog we will help you decide what kind of furnace will be the right pick for your house. There are several things that need to be considered when purchasing a new furnace.
1. Air Quality Filters
A high quality and high efficiency air filter can be of great benefit to people suffering from asthma or allergies. These filters are way better than the standard filter and are very efficient when it comes to removing particulate matter from your air without sacrificing air flow.
Winters can make the air dry and a furnace does not change that. Humidifiers, improves the humidity content in air, making your home more comfortable.
A thermostat can be a life saver when dealing with a furnace. It can help you save electricity and can be also be accessed via wifi and controlled using your smartphone. A thermostat automatically takes care of your home when you are out or at work. Most high efficiency furnaces available in the market can be paired with a thermostat.
4. Kind of Furnace
When selecting a furnace, it's very important that you decide how much time you exactly plan on spending in that home. Also, there are different types of furnaces which you can have a look at when looking for a new furnace, like
- Single Stage Furnace: They are equipped with one fan and are the most common furnaces available in the market. Generally they are not very energy efficient.
- Two Stage Furnace: These are equipped with two fans and are generally quieter than single stage fan.
- Two Stage Variable Speed Furnace: These fans are generally considered quieter than the fans in the above two category.
- Three Stage Variable Speed Furnace: These are generally the recommended choice for maximum efficiency in 2 and 3 story homes. These furnaces that also include Air Purification Systems or Heat Pumps.
- Modulating Variable Speed Furnace: These are the best of the lot. These are generally considered the best when it comes to operating efficiency, even distribution of heat, quiet operation, and comfort level.
The above article should help you decide if your furnace is the right fit for your home. One thing that should not be ignored is finding yourself a high quality furnace. A mediocre might end up costing you a lot of money later in its life. If in case you have any more queries, you can contact Pro Plumbing, and they will be more than happy to help you out with your query.
Our Edmonton plumbing staff is here to help you. Pro Plumbing & Heating has served the Greater Edmonton area, Sherwood Park and St Albert with our Mr. Faucet location since 1988. Our professional plumbers truly enjoy working with people.
When you contact us, you’ll get nothing less than the full attention of one of our expertly trained staff.
At Pro Plumbing & Heating, we’re not satisfied until you are. You’ll especially be satisfied with our prices — $99 an hour and $55 for a service call.
Pro Plumbing & Heating Ltd.
6906 Whyte Ave NW
Edmonton, Alberta T6B 0E7
Phone: 587 410 4277
Text Us: 780-445-0986
Copyright © 2017 Pro Plumbing & Heating Edmonton. All Rights Reserved. Designed & Marketing by Edmonton SEO